Title I, Part A (Title I) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended (ESA) provides financial assistance to local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools with high numbers or high percentages of children from low-income families to help ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards.
Under Title I, LEAs are required to provide services for eligible private school students, as well as eligible public school students. In particular, section 1120 of Title I, Part A of the ESEA, requires a participating LEA to provide eligible children attending private elementary and secondary schools, their teachers, and their families with Title I services or other benefits that are equitable to those provided to eligible public school children, their teachers, and their families. These services must be developed in consultation with officials of the private schools. The Title I services provided by the LEA for private school participants are designed to meet their educational needs and supplement the educational services provided by the private school.
Click on the links below for more information about the Title I Program
- Tips for Building a Reader
- DRS/Armstrong School District Title I Services 2020-21 Handbook
- DRS Title I Parent Resource Inventory and Request Form
- DRS Title I Parent & Family Engagement Plan
- DRS Title I Parent & Family Involvement Survey
- Board Policy – Title I Parent & Family Engagement
- DRS Title I School Compact 2020-21
- Title I Complaint Form
- Title I Complaint Resolution Policy
- Letter to the Parents
- ASD Annual Evaluation Title I Program