We offer a full day Kindergarten program with an option of Half Day A.M. session only. All children must be age 5 by September 1st to be eligible for Kindergarten.
Our Kindergarten Curriculum consists of the following subjects:
- Reading (SuperKids Reading Program)
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Science (including STEM, STEAM, STREAM activities throughout the school year)
- Computer with Coding Skills
- Physical Education
- Story time
- Guidance Classes
- Field Trips, Assemblies
- Cross-curricular / Multi-grade Thematic Activities
The children in our kindergarten program develop academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. The environment is inviting and motivational.
All Day Preschool 4 year olds
MWF 8:30 P.M. – 2:30 P.M.
Divine Redeemer Preschool believes that each child is created by God as a special, unique individual. We strive to provide an enriched, productive environment for cognitive and social-emotional growth. We believe that the child’s early years are crucial to the remainder of development.
Ultimately, preschool should provide the child with a happy, unhurried, and developmentally appropriate experience. It must prepare the child for kindergarten, but at the same time, allow the child to be a child.
- Early Literacy /Language Development (SuperKids Happily Ever After Reading Series)
- Language Arts
- Fine / Gross Motor Skills
- Creative Arts
- Field Trips
We provide a safe, educational environment that allows friendships to grow, imaginations to soar, and explorations that lead to the love of learning. Our activities are developmentally age-appropriate and will target the necessary skills to prepare your child for kindergarten. It is an academic environment that is enriched by daily religion lessons, as well as the arts!
The students have Music class one day a week for 30 minutes with Mrs. Bernot. She teaches them new songs to sing, and she also introduces them to various instruments. They play tambourines, flutes, sticks, and triangles. They even performed as a preschool bell choir for the winter concert!
Half Day Preschool 4 year olds
MWF (8:30 – 11:00 A.M.) (12 – 2:30 P.M.)
Half Day Preschool 3 year olds
Tu / Th (8:30 – 11:00 A.M.) (12 – 2:30 P.M.)
- Arrival: Free Play, Creative Art Project & One on one Learning Activities
- Circle Time: Prayer, Pledge, Calendar, Weather Bears, Days of the Week, Months, Colors, Shapes, Finger Plays, & Sharing & Story Time
- Bathroom Break/Snack Time
- Learning Activities: Religion, Literacy: vocabulary and language, phonological awareness, letters, words, print, comprehension, and books.
- Mathematics: numbers, patterns and relationships, geometry and spatial awareness, measurement, graphing and grouping.
- Science, Social Studies, the Arts, & Health
- Motor Activities
- Library, Spanish, Show-n-tell
- Departure/Good-Bye Song
Young children have a developmental need for group association with peers.
Play is the natural occupation of the child. It is the means of investigation the environment and alleviating emotional stress. Its emphasis is on process, not product-allowing for success and building self-esteem (Based on Early Childhood Theories of Jean Plaget)
Preschool can begin the natural process of separation.
Children develop in predictable stages within an individual time frame.
Parent involvement and communication is crucial to the success of the program.
Divine Redeemer Preschool believes that each child is created by God as a unique individual. We strive to provide an enriched, productive environment for intellectual and social growth. Our work is to enhance, not be a substitute for, the work being done by the parents and family. We believe the child’s early years are crucial to the remainder of development.
Ultimately, preschool should provide the young child with a happy, unhurried, and developmentally appropriate experience. It must allow the child to be a child.
- Preschool Activities Books, puzzles, blocks Table Toys/Games Dramatic Play
- Learning Centers Creativity at the Art Table Early Literacy/Language Development Intro to Spanish
- Letter Recognition, Printing & their Sounds Colors & Geometric Shapes Library Field Trips
- Number Recognition & Printing Fine/Gross Motor